Maina wa Njuguna
Vehicles are selling like hot cakes even with all the economic challenges the world has been facing in the past few years.
The global market for Automotive Manufacturing last year was valued at $2.9 trillion.
The Covid-19 pandemic, economic slowdown in China which pushed growth in many other countries, high inflation and even with the fallout of Russian-Ukrainian warfare.
It would not be a surprise that Japanese auto company Toyota is still calling the shots with four of their models selling top ten in the world.
WORLD’S TOP 10 SELLING CARS
(1) Toyota Corolla shouldn’t be a surprise to car enthusiasts that it was the most sold vehicle. In 2022, 1.12 million were sold. Below image is the global distribution sales of Toyota Corolla.
(2) The second spot was clinched by Toyota’s SUV RAV4 which sold 868,309 units. Yours truly got to write this report recently when I couldn’t help but notice on Atlanta’s highways RAV4s all over the place. My mind was racing like I couldn’t help not to see what I saw – RAV4s in white, red, blue, silver, grey, etc. in what seemed everywhere.
(3) Ford F Pick Up Series – These include the hot selling F-150, not withstanding heavy duty F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550. A total of 786,337 units were sold in 2022.
(4) Newcomer and mold breaking electric car manufacturer, Tesla clinched the converted 4th spot with its Tesla Model Y selling a whooping 759,579.
(5) Toyota Camry, the most popular sedan in North America made a strong showing with global 667,968 units sold. Toyota Camrys are bigger and a step up above Toyota Corollas which are very popular in Africa.
The list below is rounds up the top ten most popular vehicles sold worldwide 🌐 by sales.
The top 40 automobile markets worldwide are: