Maina wa Njuguna
For the past decade, Americans have been fleeing some of the most populous states such as beautiful California, Illinois, and New York.
WHY ARE AMERICANS MOVING?
The overwhelming reason to move from one state to another that Americans gave was pursuit of a better quality of life. These states are in the South and the West of the US.
US residents also prioritized better weather, recreational opportunities, and better infrastructure over attributes such as affordability and being closer to loved ones.
• 24% Better quality of life. Lower cost of living and home prices
• 23% Upsizing amenities and the value of money (e.g. a bigger home)
• 22% Work flexibility (e.g. work remotely)
• 21% To live closer to friends/family
TOP ATTRACTIVE STATES PER MOVING TRENDS
The great state of Texas, also known as the lone star state lead the pack of states that had high influx of Americans moving into.
A great job market, stable and low cost of living and home to many tech and startup companies sealed the deal for many.
The top cities that experienced huge inflows are its mega cities – Austin, Dallas and Houston.
The state of Florida also known as the sunshine 🌞 state is a very popular state to move to. Some topping cities in the state include – Miami, Jacksonville, Ocala, Orlando, Tallahassee (capital) to name just a few.
The state’s relatively low cost of living, no income tax are definitely some of the undeniable pull factors.
The mild winters at the peak of cold seasons, it’s approximate 825 miles of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico closes the deal with no doubt.
The overwhelming reason this state is popular is its relatively low cost of living. The state’s mega city Phoenix, also known as “Valley of the Sun” is a definite destination.
The bustling job market, affordable living, and many ways to enjoy the outdoors are major reasons for the attraction.
AMERICAN DREAM CITIES
However, if money were not a factor, Americans’ would move to top dream cities in the following order according to Clever Real Estate Moving Trends.
• 19% Los Angeles, CA – City of Angels
• 19% Atlanta, GA – also referred to as Hot ‘Lanta
• 18% Austin, TX – City of the Violet Crown because of the colorful glow of light across the hills just after sunset.
• 17% Las Vegas, NV – ‘Sin City‘. Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas
• 15% Miami, FL – ‘Magic City’